Lifelong Faith Formation
The mission of the Office of Lifelong Faith Formation is the mission of the Church: “to proclaim the Gospel to all men” (Ad Gentes 1). We seek to evangelize, catechize, and form disciples throughout Southern Minnesota by helping those within the Diocese to respond to Pope Francis’ invitation “to a renewed personal encounter with Jesus Christ, or at least openness to letting him encounter them” (Evangelii Gaudium 3).
The Office of Lifelong Faith Formation is "the means which the bishop as head of the community and teacher of doctrine utilizes to direct and moderate all the catechetical activities of the diocese” (General Directory for Catechesis, No. 265).
We assist Bishop Quinn in his role as the chief catechist by:
- supporting pastors with the parish-based faith formation
- accompanying directors and coordinators of parish faith formation programs in their vital task of educating the youth throughout Southern Minnesota.
- providing educational and professional development, networking, and retreat opportunities for directors of faith formation, RCIA coordinators, adult faith formation leaders, and catechists.
- implementing guidelines for sacramental preparation
- consulting on the selection of resource materials