Diocese of Winona Employment
Social Studies Teacher
Loyola Catholic School @ Mankato, MN posted on Mon, Feb 27
Apply until: 2017-03-27
Social Studies Teacher, Intermediate, full time
Careers with Purpose
At Loyola Catholic School, we take pride in recruiting and retaining academic faculty and staff who live by our promise to guide students toward their full potential, walk with them in faith, and equip them to lead and serve. Loyola teachers educate students to be critical thinkers, moral decision-makers and contributors to our church and world.
General Characteristics of a Loyola teacher
Professional and collegial in word and action; Collaborative with all stakeholder groups; Demonstrates a respectful growth mindset with students and self; Willingness to learn and advance research-based teaching and learning for self and others; Focused on creating equitable classrooms and school; Experience implementing differentiated learning; Evidence of data-driven instructional decision making; Evidence of building strong relationships and communication with students and families; Experience with instructional technology integration to support high levels of student engagement.
About Loyola Catholic School
For over 150 years Catholic education in the Mankato area has ensured students receive an academically rigorous, dynamic, God-centered education. We strive to work with families to develop the whole child. We model and teach our core principles of faith, academic excellence, leadership and service ensuring that students graduate from Loyola well-prepared to face life's challenges and excel as individuals and members of Catholic, local, and global communities.
A strategic plan from broad stakeholder input has outlined a vibrant future for LCS based on clear objectives and strategies addressing academic excellence, Catholic identity, exceptional staff, great facilities and fiscal stability.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience teaching Social Studies in 6th-8th grades
- Collaborate with colleagues to create differentiated learning experiences for students
- Actively participate in the life of the school outside of class
- Establish and cultivate community relations by maintaining open dialogue with all of the school’s constituencies
- Vigorously engage in his/her own professional development
- Have experience with Marzano research and STREAM education
- Demonstrate professional experience which capitalizes on the ability of education technology to impact student learning
- Have a history of utilizing data to impact student learning
- Possess strong interpersonal and written communication skills
A successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree and valid MN teaching license. Catholic school experience is desirable.
Please send a cover letter, copy of your Minnesota teaching license, resume and three letters of recommendation. Links to blogs, social media, and online media or articles are welcomed. Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org To request the full job description, please email email@example.com